Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Pete Freitag <pf...@cfdev.com> on 2003/02/07 18:40:15 UTC

restart james

Hi,

What is the recommended way to restart or stop James? There aren't any
scripts in the bin directory for this.

Running bin/phoenix.sh stop  seams to stop phoenix but not james.

I can kill the process, but I would think there is a better way.

Thanks

Re: restart james

Posted by james-subscribe <ja...@youwinit.com.ua>.
Hello Pete!

You have to use telnet remote manager or RMI remote manager classes to make own admin.

PF> Hi,

PF> What is the recommended way to restart or stop James? There aren't any
PF> scripts in the bin directory for this.

PF> Running bin/phoenix.sh stop  seams to stop phoenix but not james.

PF> I can kill the process, but I would think there is a better way.

PF> Thanks

Best regards,
 james-subscribe                            mailto:james-subscribe@youwinit.com.ua

Re: restart james

Posted by Kenny Smith <ja...@journalscape.com>.
Hi Pete,

If you telnet to port 4555 to the remote manager, you can issue a
shutdown command, which will stop James. Then simply start it the normal
way.

Kenny