Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by tad1214 <ta...@aol.com> on 2007/10/29 16:18:50 UTC

Everything beying flagged positive by Bayes

I have bayes set to auto learn on a catchall account, which I am now thinking
is a bad Idea, and now everything that is sent is pretty much flagged as
99-100% Chance spam by bayes. Usually that is it, but sometimes there are
little other things that are getting FP's. I am fairly new to Spam Assassin
so please forgive me if I make mistakes.
freeBSD 6.2 stable
SA 3.2.1_1
qmail 1.03_5

So how do I fix this issue with nearly everything being flagged as spam.
Pretty much 100% of the mail being delivered to catchall is spam, but I
think that SA is starting to think even common words are bad.

Thanks!
-=Tom Donnelly

Re: Everything beying flagged positive by Bayes

Posted by tad1214 <ta...@aol.com>.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 29.10.07 10:19, tad1214 wrote:
>> Ok so I just threw a few hundred (thousand?) hams at it, we will see if
>> that
>> helps, here is my dump magic
>>
>> 0.000          0     110832          0  non-token data: nspam
>> 0.000          0      11160          0  non-token data: nham
>
> still not enough I'd say...
> --
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
> "One World. One Web. One Program." - Microsoft promotional advertisement
> "Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer!" - Adolf Hitler

Hmm.. Well , I have been pushing more and more ham at it, and I disabled the
catchall -> spam, so spam won't grow so fast any more. I will post the
spam:ham again tomorrow. It is MUCH better though now.

Re: Everything beying flagged positive by Bayes

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.

Posted by tad1214 <ta...@aol.com>.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> On 29.10.07 08:18, tad1214 wrote:
>> I have bayes set to auto learn on a catchall account, which I am now
>> thinking
>> is a bad Idea, and now everything that is sent is pretty much flagged as
>> 99-100% Chance spam by bayes. Usually that is it, but sometimes there are
>> little other things that are getting FP's. I am fairly new to Spam
>> Assassin
>> so please forgive me if I make mistakes.
>
>> So how do I fix this issue with nearly everything being flagged as spam.
>> Pretty much 100% of the mail being delivered to catchall is spam, but I
>> think that SA is starting to think even common words are bad.
>
> feed some hams into SA too. If there are just a few hams and many spams,
> every word can look spammy
> --
> Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
> Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete

Ok so I just threw a few hundred (thousand?) hams at it, we will see if that
helps, here is my dump magic

Pine# sa-learn --dump magic
0.000          0          3          0  non-token data: bayes db version
0.000          0     110832          0  non-token data: nspam
0.000          0      11160          0  non-token data: nham
0.000          0     546924          0  non-token data: ntokens
0.000          0 1187210461          0  non-token data: oldest atime
0.000          0 1193678380          0  non-token data: newest atime
0.000          0 1193678063          0  non-token data: last journal sync
atime
0.000          0 1193656666          0  non-token data: last expiry atime
0.000          0     124511          0  non-token data: last expire atime
delta
0.000          0      61843          0  non-token data: last expire
reduction count

Re: Everything beying flagged positive by Bayes

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.