Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by So...@aol.com on 2001/01/19 16:56:14 UTC

possibilties for a no class def found

Just a general question, from all your experiences what are the reasons you have seen for no class def found error. I know the class may jave a compilation problem, the class may have reference to a class with a compilation problem, the class may not just be there. Anything else? Thanks

Re: possibilties for a no class def found

Posted by Hans Bergsten <ha...@gefionsoftware.com>.
Soch88@aol.com wrote:

> Just a general question, from all your experiences what are the reasons
> you have seen for no class def found error. I know the class may jave a
> compilation problem, the class may have reference to a class with a
> compilation problem, the class may not just be there. Anything else?
> Thanks

This is a general Java question, so a better place for this would
be in a mailing list of news group dealing with Java programming.

The purpose of the General is described like this on our web site:

  "This is the project general mailing list. This is where ideas,
   suggestions, and comments are exchanged that deal with the
   overall Jakarta project. Matters that affect the project as a
   whole are decided here."

This has not been followed strictly in the past, but you will see
a lot more discussions of this nature here based on a decision in
the PMC meeting Tuesday. It's therefore important that user questions,
general Java questions, etc., are directed to the appropriate list
instead.

Hans
--
Hans Bergsten		hans@gefionsoftware.com