Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by jsmch <js...@web.de> on 2008/11/08 16:37:25 UTC

Problems deploying a Webservice

Hi,

i´ve a problem deploying a webservice to geronimo.
I´m currently doing a migration for a simple chat-application (j2ee) from
JBoss to Geronimo (as a training).
After several problems i did solve all the little and big problems doing
this (J2G-Conversion was absolutely no help, because the former application
from JBoss did not use standards at sevedral points as i think).

Ok - but those problems where already resolved :drunk:

BUT:
The last problem i have is to migrate a simple Webservice with the following
header:
@Stateless
@WebService(name="AdminClientWS", serviceName="AdminClientWsService")
@SOAPBinding(style=SOAPBinding.Style.RPC)
public class AdminClientWS implements IAdminClient {
The error (when deploying) is the following):
16:34:45,546 ERROR [GBeanInstanceState] Error while starting; GBean is now
in the FAILED state:
abstractName="chatKernel/chatKernelGeronimo/1.0/jar?EJBModule=chatKernel/chatKernelGeronimo/1.0/jar,J2EEApplication=null,StatelessSessionBean=AdminClientWS,j2eeType=WSLink,name=AdminClientWS"
javax.xml.ws.WebServiceException: The ServiceDescription failed to validate
due to the following errors:
 :: Endpoint failed validation ::  :: Invalid Endpoint Interface ::  :: The
number of operations in the WSDL portType does not match the number of
methods in the SEI or Web service implementation class.
	at
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.ExceptionFactory.createWebServiceException(ExceptionFactory.java:172)
	at
org.apache.axis2.jaxws.ExceptionFactory.makeWebServiceException(ExceptionFactory.java:69)

Because i´ve no experience with describing Webservices in Java i don´t know
if this is all i need.
Maybe anybody can help me to say what i´ve to do getting this deployed.
(I think i need to change things to those Annotations or add any information
to the openejb-jar.xml?)

thanks

jsmch

Re: Problems deploying a Webservice

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
What Geronimo version are you using?

I think I've seen this problem in Axis2 before if the AdminClientWS
class had any private or protected methods. Axis2 should be ignoring
these methods but it was not (this problem was fixed since). If you
need a quick fix, either use geronimo-jetty assembly or switch to use
CXF instead of Axis2 as your JAX-WS provider. Another quick solution
to this problem is to annotate each method that you want to expose as
a web service method with @WebMethod annotation.

Jarek