Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Christian Polzer <ch...@hai-fai.de> on 2011/02/23 16:36:38 UTC

Any idea why the book "CouchDB in Action" is not published?

Hello,

the book "CouchDB in Action, Manning, by Chris Chandler" is listed on the wiki (http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/FrontPage).

As manning write on their website, it will not be published: http://www.manning.com/eernisse/

Any idea why?
Obsolete regarding the tremendous CouchDB documentation and the free book online?

Regards,
Chris

Re: Any idea why the book "CouchDB in Action" is not published?

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
*Quote*

Dear CouchDB in Action MEAP customer,

It has been a long time since the last update to the MEAP edition of
CouchDB in Action, and we owe you an explanation! Writing technology
books is a challenging process, and things don’t always go smoothly.
Rapid changes to the CouchDB product and equally-rapid changes in the
demands on our authors have resulted in no real progress for several
months. We’re now taking a careful look at this project to decide
whether we should move forward based on the existing content, start
again from scratch, or cancel the book.

We’ll let you know in a week or two what options you’ll have as a MEAP
customer. We appreciate your patience.

*/Quote*