Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Felix Gonschorek <fe...@gg-media.biz> on 2009/03/05 12:24:21 UTC

[T5] Method name "render" not allowed for custom components?

Hello,

today i've had a exception that took me a while to figure out where it came from:

StackMapTable format error: bad class index

It was, because i named a method "render" in my custom component:

@BeginRender
boolean render(MarkupWriter writer) {
   //blubb
   return false;
}

Renaming the method to "renderBlubb" solved the problem. Despite the fact, that
the method name "render" is not the best naming strategy: Should i file a bug in
jira with detailed informations?

Thank you all for the cool tapestry5 project.
Felix

--
Felix Gonschorek
GG-Media

Kirchstr. 18
69115 Heidelberg

Tel: +49 6221 890 168-0
Fax: +49 6221 890 168-1
Mobil: +49 176 2234 1338

felix@gg-media.biz
http://www.gg-media.biz

Vertretungsberechtigte Gesellschafter:
Felix Gonschorek & Jochen Greiner

Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer
gemäß § 27a Umsatzsteuergesetz:
DE232906440

Re: [T5] Method name "render" not allowed for custom components?

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Please add a bug to JIRA.  I believe this represents a conflict
between a method Tapestry adds to your class; Tapestry should at least
explain this to you and tell you how to fix it (rename the method).

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 3:24 AM, Felix Gonschorek <fe...@gg-media.biz> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> today i've had a exception that took me a while to figure out where it came
> from:
>
> StackMapTable format error: bad class index
>
> It was, because i named a method "render" in my custom component:
>
> @BeginRender
> boolean render(MarkupWriter writer) {
>  //blubb
>  return false;
> }
>
> Renaming the method to "renderBlubb" solved the problem. Despite the fact,
> that the method name "render" is not the best naming strategy: Should i file
> a bug in jira with detailed informations?
>

> Thank you all for the cool tapestry5 project.
> Felix
>

> --
> Felix Gonschorek
> GG-Media