Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Turner, John" <JT...@AAS.com> on 2002/10/01 17:22:17 UTC

[OFF TOPIC] in-process spell check?

Does anyone know of, or have a pointer to, a software application or module
that will perform spell checking on text submitted from a form?

The scenario is Tomcat + Apache, JSPs, classes, and servlets.  The idea
being that if someone accesses a web page, fills out a form, and then
submits it, the text submitted is spell checked, and appropriate action
taken depending on the result of the spell check.

Preferably something that requires little modification to existing code, and
handles major international languages (French, German, etc).  Open source
preferred, but commercial apps are no problem.

Many thanks in advance for any information.

- John

Re: [OFF TOPIC] in-process spell check?

Posted by "John P. Dodge" <do...@cruciate.ca.boeing.com>.
I have used JSpell which is a Java app that will do web form spell
checking. As I remember you embed a "spell check" button in your form and
the contents are spell checked. I don't have the link.