Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Carlos Miranda Molina (Mstaaravin)" <ms...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/14 02:55:32 UTC

Unable to add *.iso templates on clean installation (4.8.0)

Hello everyone!

I have a clean installation of the last Cloudstack version in a single
server, all works fine (installation process)

When I try to add/register ISO the process on admin finish ok, but in my
catalina.out i saw this:

INFO  [o.a.c.s.d.l.CloudStackImageStoreLifeCycleImpl]
(catalina-exec-22:ctx-4f830014 ctx-b5de287f) (logid:7ced2224) Trying to add
a new data store at nfs://cloud01/secondary to data center 1

And of course the *.iso wan't added.

An df -h on my single server show me this:

[root@cloud01 ~]# mount
/dev/vda1 on / type ext4 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
none on /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc type binfmt_misc (rw)
sunrpc on /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs type rpc_pipefs (rw)
nfsd on /proc/fs/nfsd type nfsd (rw)
cloud01:/primary on /mnt/85d75932-3c49-371c-8680-ce1c8fb2e216 type nfs
(rw,noac,actimeo=0,vers=4,addr=172.16.251.51,clientaddr=172.16.251.51)

Any suggestion...?

Regards

--
"La Voluntad es el único motor de nuestros logros"
http://blog.ngen.com.ar/

Re: Unable to add *.iso templates on clean installation (4.8.0)

Posted by "Carlos Miranda Molina (Mstaaravin)" <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim, thanks for yout time...

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:06 PM, Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a few possibilities, but the first thing to know is that
> catalina.out isn't the log you should be looking at. Take a look here for
> some tips on troubleshooting:
>
> http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-administration/en/4.8/troubleshooting.html
> .
> The one thing you'll note is management-server.log is rather verbose, so
> it's not a bad idea to have it running through tail while performing
> whatever task isn't cooperating.

Thanks and yes, i see this error:

2016-04-13 22:10:37,012 DEBUG [c.c.a.t.Request]
(AgentManager-Handler-1:null) (logid:) Seq 2-4750171706969030801:
Processing:  { Ans: , MgmtId: 55199879488057, via: 2, Ver: v1, Flags: 10,
[{"com.cloud.agent.api.Answer":{"result":false,"details":"com.cloud.utils.exception.CloudRuntimeException:
GetRootDir for nfs://cloud01/secondary failed due to
java.net.UnknownHostException: cloud01\n\tat
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.getRootDir(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:1968)\n\tat
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.execute(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:1717)\n\tat
org.apache.cloudstack.storage.resource.NfsSecondaryStorageResource.executeRequest(NfsSecondaryStorageResource.java:244)\n\tat
com.cloud.agent.Agent.processRequest(Agent.java:522)\n\tat
com.cloud.agent.Agent$AgentRequestHandler.doTask(Agent.java:830)\n\tat
com.cloud.utils.nio.Task.call(Task.java:83)\n\tat
com.cloud.utils.nio.Task.call(Task.java:29)\n\tat
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)\n\tat
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)\n\tat
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)\n\tat
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)\n","wait":0}}] }

cloud01 is my server with IP: 172.16.251.51 and iptables off

Primary storage was mounted correctly.
cloud01:/primary on /mnt/85d75932-3c49-371c-8680-ce1c8fb2e216 type nfs
(rw,noac,actimeo=0,vers=4,addr=172.16.251.51,clientaddr=172.16.251.51)

> In terms of possibilities for what's going on, you should know that
> registering it via the UI adds it to the database, but there is a
> background task which actually copies the ISO contents, and that could be
> erroring out. I don't have the UI in front of me, but if you click on the
> ISO name, you'll see an icon for details in the zone. Click on that and you
> can see the status. Under normal conditions, it'll show "x%" while
> downloading, and "Ready" when done. "Error" obviously means something went
> wrong, and the management server log will be your friend.

Yes I know that, and when i see in "zones" tabs,  status" doesn't show
anything.

> One thing to note is that if you're using a private address for your
> upload, then you need to set the global properties for
> "secstorage.allowed.internal.sites" to the CIDR which encompasses the HTTP
> server. This change will require the management server to be restarted, but
> is easily the 80% case if your secondary storage is correct.

I'm not using a private address, only public.
Anyway I found this issue:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19406214/fail-to-register-iso-or-template-on-cloudstack

And still add my private network range, the problem still continue.

Regards

Posted by Prashant Mishra <pr...@accelerite.com>.
 1-run ssvm health check script which reside on ssvm , and check the
report for any error
2-monitor ssvm log to know exact issue.

On 4/14/16, 8:00 AM, "Tim Mackey" <tm...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Umm, a thought. Has the secondary storage VM started (view on
>infrastructure tab). If not, you'll want to debug that first. Here's some
>debugging tips for SSVM:
>https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/SSVM,+templates,+Se
>condary+storage+troubleshooting
>
>On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Rafael Weingärtner <
>rafaelweingartner@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I did not understand? you did mounted the NFS folder on the MS?
>>
>> I did not understand the link between the used that is used to run the
>>MS
>> and the point regarding the SSVM.
>>
>> The MS sends the command to download the ISO to the MS, that I am almost
>> sure. Haven't you checked the SSVM? Have you checked if the SSVM can
>>solve
>> that "cloud01" server name you used?
>>
>> What DNS server are you using? I mean the DNS server you fill out when
>> deploying the environment
>>

>> On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 11:12 PM, Carlos Miranda Molina (Mstaaravin) <
>> mstaaravin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks for yout time Rafael, my answers between lines...

>> > I try now:
>> >
>> > cloud01:/primary on /mnt/85d75932-3c49-371c-8680-ce1c8fb2e216 type nfs
>> > (rw,noac,actimeo=0,vers=4,addr=172.16.251.51,clientaddr=172.16.251.51)
>> > cloud01:/secondary on /mnt/5862742d-b25b-35fd-a35b-0a96655f4ebd type
>>nfs
>> > (rw,noac,actimeo=0,vers=4,addr=172.16.251.51,clientaddr=172.16.251.51)
>> >
>> > I restart management and try again, with the same result :\

>>the
>>it,
>> and
>> DNS
>> using
>> > >
>> > Good idea, but all works fine, because management run with cloud user:
>> >
>> > [root@cloud01 ~]# su cloud -c 'nslookup mirrors.kernel.org'
>> > Server:         172.16.251.1
>> > Address:        172.16.251.1#53
>> >
>> > Non-authoritative answer:
>> > mirrors.kernel.org      canonical name = mirrors.us.kernel.org.
>> > Name:   mirrors.us.kernel.org
>> > Address: 198.145.20.143
>> > Name:   mirrors.us.kernel.org
>> > Address: 149.20.37.36
>> >

>> > thanks
>> > --
>> > "La Voluntad es el único motor de nuestros logros"
>> > http://blog.ngen.com.ar/
>> >

>> --
>> Rafael Weingärtner

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: Unable to add *.iso templates on clean installation (4.8.0)

Posted by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Unable to add *.iso templates on clean installation (4.8.0)

Posted by "Carlos Miranda Molina (Mstaaravin)" <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
Well, I saw your other email with the error.

Did you try to mount the secondary storage at the MS?

If I am not wrong, the Secondary storage VM is the one that mounts the
storage and downloads the ISOs and VHDs. Have you tried to access it, and
check its connectivity? Did you set the Google's DNS as your primary DNS
servers? If so, it would not possible to resolve that name you are using
for your storage server.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Unable to add *.iso templates on clean installation (4.8.0)

Posted by "Carlos Miranda Molina (Mstaaravin)" <ms...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.
how are you adding the ISO?

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Unable to add *.iso templates on clean installation (4.8.0)

Posted by Tim Mackey <tm...@gmail.com>.
Welcome, Carlos.