Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Javed <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/28 17:02:31 UTC

No feedback message in Modal window with AjaxSubmitLink

Hi all,

I am facing a very tedious but may be a common problem.
I am using ModalWindow (with page ) in which I have one text box and one
radio group and a AjaxSubmitLink.
I have text box as RequiredTextField and radio group is set Required true.
I have added feed back panel and also called this method
setOutPutMarkupId(true);

But if I submit this page (i.e.Form) as blank it doesnt show any error
message (feed back message) for both required fields. Where as I have few
other custom validation in onSubmit(AjaxRequestTarget, Form) of
AjaxSubmitLink which are get called when I submit page with proper data in
fields.

Can anybody tell me why it is not showing Wicket-validation error messages?
Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance. :)

~Javed

Re: No feedback message in Modal window with AjaxSubmitLink

Posted by Christian Alejandro Marquez Grabia <ch...@gmail.com>.
Have you added the feedback panel to the target when detecting an error?
(see method onError(AjaxRequestTarget, Form))

In there you should do target.addComponent(feedbackPanel); (since it is an
ajax submit link)

Hope it helps,
Chris