Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Ivan Kelly <iv...@apache.org> on 2017/10/18 20:26:17 UTC

League table for flakey tests

Hi folks,

We need to get a handle on the flakes we're in CI. I've yet to see a
build come back green on all runs. The flakes seem to be different
each time, so it's hard to see which to tackle first.

To this end, I've started a spreadsheet with a league table for flakes.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CaYA7b4YlUGev8JqXBP8-Q3L_HAmfwY46FgzIb7Qpss/edit#gid=0

When you see a flake, and you're sure it's a flake (i.e. you've seen
the test pass on the same commit locally), either add a line, or
increment the number if it's already there.

This way we can identify which flakes are hurting us the most, and put
effort into dealing with them first.

Cheers,
Ivan

Re: League table for flakey tests