Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by si...@insession.com on 2005/07/16 05:46:40 UTC

How to deploy a single spec jar?

I am wanting to deploy a RC jar for geronimo\specs\activation

I have tried the following command in the activation directory

C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\specs\activation>maven -o
jar:deploy -Dmaven.username=jsisson

It fails because the "maven.repo.central" property is never set because
the properties file containing it
"C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\project.properties" is never read
and a blank host name is passed on the ssh/plink command

Using userBuildPropertiesFile: C:\Documents and
Settings\sissonj\build.properties
Using projectPropertiesFile:
C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\specs\activation\project.properties
Using projectBuildPropertiesFile:
C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\specs\activation\build.properties
Using userBuildPropertiesFile: C:\Documents and
Settings\sissonj\build.properties
Using projectPropertiesFile:
C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\etc\project.properties
Using projectBuildPropertiesFile:
C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\etc\build.properties

If I only want to deploy just the activation spec JAR, what should I be
doing?

I see in the build instructions on the wiki you can specify
-Dmodule.types=specs when running maven in geronimo's root directory, but
how can I be more specific than that?

John

Re: How to deploy a single spec jar?

Posted by si...@insession.com.
sissonj@insession.com wrote on 16/07/2005 01:46:40 PM:

> I am wanting to deploy a RC jar for geronimo\specs\activation
>
> I have tried the following command in the activation directory
>
> C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\specs\activation>maven -o
> jar:deploy -Dmaven.username=jsisson
>
> It fails because the "maven.repo.central" property is never set because
> the properties file containing it
> "C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\project.properties" is never
read
> and a blank host name is passed on the ssh/plink command
>
> Using userBuildPropertiesFile: C:\Documents and
> Settings\sissonj\build.properties
> Using projectPropertiesFile:

C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\specs\activation\project.properties
> Using projectBuildPropertiesFile:

C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\specs\activation\build.properties
> Using userBuildPropertiesFile: C:\Documents and
> Settings\sissonj\build.properties
> Using projectPropertiesFile:
> C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\etc\project.properties
> Using projectBuildPropertiesFile:
> C:\Projects\J2EE\geronimo_m4qa\geronimo\etc\build.properties
>
> If I only want to deploy just the activation spec JAR, what should I be
> doing?
>
> I see in the build instructions on the wiki you can specify
> -Dmodule.types=specs when running maven in geronimo's root directory,
but
> how can I be more specific than that?

To answer my own question for future reference:

maven -o jar:deploy -Dmaven.username=jsisson -Dmodule.types=specs
-Dmodules=activation

John