Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com> on 2007/12/02 21:03:34 UTC

Re: svn commit: r28187 - in trunk/subversion: include libsvn_fs libsvn_fs_base libsvn_fs_fs tests/libsvn_fs

Daniel Rall wrote:
> Dave, IIRC, this API is necessary for third-party FS backends to offer
> support for modifying mergeinfo.  We know of at least two such FS backends,
> code.google.com's, and an Oracle-based implementation.

Who wrote the Oracle based backend?  That's the first I've heard of it.

Blair

Oracle backend for Subversion (SourceHave)

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@collab.net>.
On Sun, 02 Dec 2007, Blair Zajac wrote:

> Daniel Rall wrote:
> >Dave, IIRC, this API is necessary for third-party FS backends to offer
> >support for modifying mergeinfo.  We know of at least two such FS backends,
> >code.google.com's, and an Oracle-based implementation.
> >

> Who wrote the Oracle based backend?  That's the first I've heard of it.

The product is called SourceHaven, by Veterisoft.  It appears to be
libsvn_fs_oracle + ViewVC + an admin console:

  http://veterisoft.com/product-tech.html

It's a commercial product, and according to what I've read on the web site,
doesn't offer a full-source license.

I haven't heard anything about the product or the company's principals since
initially hearing about SourceHaven last year.
--

Daniel Rall