Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ra...@filmtvindia.com on 2002/02/26 11:33:58 UTC

tomcat 4.0.2 and cache problems.... reloadable=true not working

Dear friends,

i'm facing this internal cache of tomcat problem ..
i've reffered the old archives and they r saying ki putting reloadable=true
in server.xml can solve this problem.

Problem: If i change some java code in my servlet and recompile the servlet
it doesn't affect the operation untill i restart the Tomcat ...
everytime restarting tomcat for small changes is very wierd stuff :-(

I'm using tomcat 4.0.2 (the latest stable version released on 11 feb)

sample context from my server.xml is as follows
<Host name="domain.com">
   <Context path="/template_App1"
docBase="/temp5/sites/mysite/template_App1"
         debug="0" reloadable="true">
          prefix="app1_log." suffix=".log" timestamp="true" />
   </Context>

   <Context path="/template_App2"
docBase="/temp5/sites/mysite/template_App2"
         debug="0" reloadable="true">
          prefix="app2_log." suffix=".log" timestamp="true" />
   </Context>
</Host>

am i missing something???

my httpd.conf says following :
ServerName domain.com
ServerAlias www.domain.com domain.com
DocumentRoot /temp5/sites/mysite/

WebAppDeploy template_App1 warpConnection /template_App1
WebAppDeploy template_App2 warpConnection /template_App2

</VirtualHost>