Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Mark <mr...@go4more.de> on 2014/02/24 19:02:19 UTC

[Studio] Using studio-maven-plugin with DependencySet in assembly causes error: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file 'org.example:a:jar:4.2-SNAPSHOT' to archive: /home/mr/tmp/maven-dependencyset-problem/a/target/classes isn't a file.

Hi All,

I am using a project layout similar to Apache Directory Studio for
building an Eclipse RCP application. However, I have some trouble using
DependencySets in assembly descriptors in combination with the
studio-maven-plugin. When I use that to create a dependency the build
fails during assembly while trying to include the dependent jar file
with the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.4:single (assembly) on
project b: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file
'org.example:a:jar:4.2-SNAPSHOT' to archive:
/home/mr/tmp/maven-dependencyset-problem/a/target/classes isn't a file.
-> [Help 1]

I have prepared a minimal test case to reproduce the problem. It
consists of a parent and modules a and b. Module b has an assembly that
includes the output of module a. The project builds fine with

  $ mvn clean package -DskipTests

but it fails when doing

  $ mvn clean package -DskipTests -PuseStudioMavenPlugin

The profile activates the studio-maven-plugin in module a. I have tested
this with maven 3.0.4 and 3.1.1. Debug output is also available in the
attached tar file.

I noticed that directory studio does not use DependencySets in
assemblies at all, but does all the copying and unpacking in the pom
files. Is there a specific reason for this?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Mark