Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si> on 2012/09/26 11:22:20 UTC

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #95: Display of owner in dashboard views should depend on the availability of the field

I need some more input on this one.
Ticket mentions dashboard views displaying fields that do not exist in the
model.
Reference to https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/93#comment:6suggests
that field in question was milestone/owner.

However there are no views in dashboard that would display the non-existing
fields.
Furthermore, all views in dashboard deal with tickets only.

Am I looking at the wrong thing or is this ticket obsolete?

Peter

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
On 26/09/12 14:59, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 9/26/12, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> I would probably suggest re-assigning back to 'nobody' in this
>> case.
>>
> I would also suggest to reschedule it i.e. set milestone =
> <some_milestone_or_empty> .
>
> [...]

Good idea.. done.

Not that this is enough to stop someone from picking up the ticket yet.

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #95: Display of owner in dashboard views should depend on the availability of the field

Posted by Olemis Lang <ol...@gmail.com>.
On 9/26/12, Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com> wrote:

[...]
> I would probably suggest re-assigning back to 'nobody' in this
> case.

I would also suggest to reschedule it i.e. set milestone =
<some_milestone_or_empty> .

[...]

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #95: Display of owner in dashboard views should depend on the availability of the field

Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@wandisco.com>.
Hi Peter,

This looks a little too early to implement as the ticket could be
considered blocked by the non-existence of suitable models. At the
moment, the only non-ticket object that has an owner is the Component.
Components are not currently viewable in a dashboard style view but I
believe that they will be in the future.

The desire for items to gain an owner field expressed in at least one
other ticket: https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/196 (for
Milestones) which, if accepted will likely result in the long term in
the ownership of Milestones, Versions and Products.

It is one of those annoying tickets where you basically know what should
be done but it probably shouldn't until something is available to
display. I would probably suggest re-assigning back to 'nobody' in this
case.

Cheers,
Gary