Posted to users@pulsar.apache.org by Christophe Bornet <bo...@gmail.com> on 2023/02/07 11:03:18 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Released Reactive client for Apache Pulsar, version 0.2.0

The Apache Pulsar team is proud to announce the Reactive client for Apache
Pulsar, version 0.2.0.

The Reactive client for Apache Pulsar can be used together with any
Reactive Streams implementation on the JVM.
Examples include Project Reactor / Spring Reactive, Akka Streams, RxJava 3,
Vert.x, SmallRye Mutiny (RedHat/Quarkus), ServiceTalk and others (Reactive
Streams to JDK Flow adapters might be needed in some cases.)

Reactive programming is about non-blocking applications that are
asynchronous and event-driven and require a small number of threads to
scale.
The Reactive client for Apache Pulsar supports non-blocking, reactive &
asynchronous back pressure for producing and consuming messages.
The library provides an interface module "pulsar-client-reactive-api" that
abstracts the Reactive client API.
This interface is currently implemented by wrapping the Apache Pulsar Java
client and adapting the existing asynchronous Java API to the Reactive
client API.
The decoupled reactive interfaces makes it possible to implement a fully
native reactive client in the future.

Source package is available for download at
https://downloads.apache.org/pulsar/pulsar-client-reactive-0.2.0/

Maven packages are available in Maven central.
Please check https://github.com/apache/pulsar-client-reactive#getting-it
for usage with Maven or Gradle builds.

Release Notes are at:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-client-reactive/releases/tag/v0.2.0

We would like to thank the contributors that made the release possible.

Regards,

The Pulsar Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Released Reactive client for Apache Pulsar, version 0.2.0

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations !

This is another great step forward for the Pulsar community.

Looking forward for the official Spring Integration that will leverage
this client

Enrico

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations !