Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> on 2006/11/23 19:16:32 UTC

IE freeze

If I set Shell.parseWidgets to true, some of my pages freeze (utilize
100% CPU and never seem to finish) in IE6 but working properly in FF1.5.
This must be a dojo problem, but maybe you want to know about it...

Regards,
Norbi

Re: IE freeze

Posted by Davor Hrg <hr...@gmail.com>.
dojo freezes because it parses the whole page source as text,
it is sick,

the whole widget part is too heavy weight.

the standalone widgets are even ok,
baut the layout ones (TabContainer ... SplitPane ...) yuck.

Re: IE freeze

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.

Re: IE freeze

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
Right. If anything that config option is mostly there to help people
getting newly acquainted with dojo. No one ever actually sets it to
true in production level apps as the performance overhead involved in
iterating over the entire dom tree checking attributes on the client
side is just too much for most situations.

On 11/23/06, Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com> wrote:
> If I set Shell.parseWidgets to true, some of my pages freeze (utilize
> 100% CPU and never seem to finish) in IE6 but working properly in FF1.5.
> This must be a dojo problem, but maybe you want to know about it...
>
> Regards,
> Norbi

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer