Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paul Tomsic <pt...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/13 23:14:46 UTC

escape "SUM" function from within sql:query in scheme.xml??

Is there a way to escape the SQL function SUM()
from within the <sql:query> element in the scheme.xml
file?

I'm trying to do:

<sql:query>
  SELECT SUM(column) FROM WHATEVER WHERE etc...
</sql:query>

but during the transform, I'm getting an error,
obviously, b/c the SUM() is a function from within
XSL.

Thoughts?

thanks

Re: escape "SUM" function from within sql:query in scheme.xml??

Posted by Irving Salisbury III <ir...@dotech.com>.
I have used sum in all of my sql:query elements, and they go through the
transformer fine.  I am looking over my files now, and have probably
about 20+ queries that all use sum.  I didn't have to escape them out.

Can you send the error you are getting?

Irv

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
SUM() is not an XSLT/XPath function. Furthermore you wrote it as text,
not as expression, so this can't be the reason for your problem.

Joerg