Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Nico Erfurth <ni...@headlight.de> on 2002/03/12 17:50:25 UTC

Debugging mod_perl

Hi,

i'm creating an accounting system for my employer, the webfrontend is
created with mod_perl.

Today i had a big problem, and i don't know how to track it down.
After changing one of my tool-modules apache segfaults on startup.

So, how can i debug something like this?
Are there any hooks inside of mod_perl i could use?
Do i need to debug apache itself?

Where could i start such debugging?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
-----------------------------

Re: Debugging mod_perl

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Today i had a big problem, and i don't know how to track it down.
> After changing one of my tool-modules apache segfaults on startup.
>
> So, how can i debug something like this?

Do you know exactly what you changed?  In that case, you have a small
amount of code to look through for the problem.  Take stuff out until it
stops segfaulting.  If you want some help figuring out why that part
segfaults when you find it, post it here.

- Perrin

Re: Debugging mod_perl

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Nico Erfurth wrote:
> Hi,
>

> i'm creating an accounting system for my employer, the webfrontend is
> created with mod_perl.
>
> Today i had a big problem, and i don't know how to track it down.
> After changing one of my tool-modules apache segfaults on startup.
>
> So, how can i debug something like this?
> Are there any hooks inside of mod_perl i could use?
> Do i need to debug apache itself?
>
> Where could i start such debugging?

Try to
use:http://perl.apache.org/guide/debug.html#Using_the_Interactive_Debugger
If you cannot figure out how to do it yourself read the SUPPORT file in
the mod_perl distribution and follow the instructions on how to send the
gdb backtrace to the list.