Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Skye Wanderman-Milne <sk...@cloudera.com> on 2016/03/21 21:40:41 UTC

single type tree for BE TableDescriptors

I think we should change TableDescriptor to have a single TYPE_STRUCT root
type_, which will replace the current vector<ColumnDescriptor> col_descs_.
This will make it easier to traverse nested schemas, as we won't have to
special-case the table-level columns, and is more inline with Table in the
FE. In particular I think this will make it easier to unit-test schema
resolution functions in the parquet scanner.

If no one objects, I'll go ahead and start working on a patch for this.