Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by kanth99 <sr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2009/06/03 15:46:24 UTC

Trinidad vs Tobago

Hi All,

We are developing a web application with myfaces.

This application needs proper navigation and UI .I have observed Trinidad
has good navigation practices and other utilities.Tobago has some good
layouts but not good navigation practices.both these technologies have
featurs like PPR.

could some one plaese advice us which is the better technology and the
distinct features of these technologies.

Thanks,
Srikanth

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago

Posted by Kito Mann <ki...@virtua.com>.
While we're on this subject, I think it's clear that combining the component
suites might increase the available resources for moving things forward.. I
know this has been discussed in the past, but I don't think there was a
clear consensus...
---
Kito D. Mann -- Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
http://twitter.com/kito99  http://twitter.com/jsfcentral
http://www.virtua.com - JSF/Java EE consulting, training, and mentoring
http://www.JSFCentral.com - JavaServer Faces FAQ, news, and info
+1 203-404-4848 x3

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago

Posted by Luka Surija <lu...@iytim.hr>.
Yeah,
I'm full aware of the situation described below. The main problem in
trinidad is that oracle uses him as foundation for ADF Rich Faces, and
that's the main reason why trinidad core isn't going to change dramatically.

More components should come together with the community. For example,
developing an application sometimes you need to make some components
that doesn't exist  in trinidad component library (or any other
framework generally), and here is (for example) the power of the
community in sharing this components. Some of them will be rejected as
useless other as very useful.  I remember my days working on Borland
Delphi, all the power of this tool was in tons and tons of community
contributed components. Why, because it was easy to make them. Of
course, today JSF developers are still making custom components, but
they to not relay on trinidad framework.
Another problem with suggestions is that when you need some component,
usually you can't wait so long time, in meantime you find another
solution,  and after that there is no need for this component any more.
-- But this is just my point of view.

IE6 will be still around next 1-2 years, so unfortunately this will be
and still is a big pain .........

Luka Surija

+385 1 61 99 140
+385 98 434 061
luka@iytim.hr

I.Y. tim d.o.o.
Vrbik 3, HR-10000 Zagreb
www.iytim.hr
info@iytim.hr

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Yes I agree with you.

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago

Posted by Luka Surija <lu...@iytim.hr>.
Andrew,
[...]

to the community starting from my self  if they knew how to do it in
some easier way.

Best regards,

Luka Surija

+385 1 61 99 140
+385 98 434 061
luka@iytim.hr

I.Y. tim d.o.o.
Vrbik 3, HR-10000 Zagreb
www.iytim.hr
info@iytim.hr

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
I forgot the link:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/tobago/branches/tobago-1.0.x/example/demo/src/main/webapp/best-practice/for-each.jsp

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
Hi Christian,

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.
Hi Helmut,

it is an important goal to make it possible to run a Tobago 1.0.21
application with Tobago 1.1 with little or without effort.
In particular cases, there a some changes to do, but the main idea is,
that applications will run.

To be compatible, you should not use code which is marked as deprecated,
of course.

For your project, you may start with 1.0 and switch to 1.1 if we have a
stable release.

Regards,

Udo

Re: Trinidad vs Tobago