Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by regany <re...@newzealand.co.nz> on 2009/12/09 00:37:24 UTC

Solr usage with Auctions/Classifieds?

hello!

just wondering if anyone is using Solr as their search for an auction /
classified site, and if so how have you managed your setup in general? ie.
searching against listings that may have expired etc.

regan

Re: Solr usage with Auctions/Classifieds?

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 5:07 AM, regany <re...@newzealand.co.nz> wrote:

> hello!
>
> just wondering if anyone is using Solr as their search for an auction /
> classified site, and if so how have you managed your setup in general? ie.
> searching against listings that may have expired etc.

We use Solr more many listings sites. Typically we index the expiry date in
the document and exclude them through a filter e.g.
fq=expiry_date:[NOW/DAY+1DAYS TO *]

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.

Re: Solr usage with Auctions/Classifieds?

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
The class was added in 2007 and hasn't changed. I don't know if anyone uses it.

Presumably sort-by-function will use it.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Solr usage with Auctions/Classifieds?

Posted by Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
Oops, forgot to add the link:

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: Solr usage with Auctions/Classifieds?

Posted by Andy <an...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan Høydahl / Cominvent <ja...@cominvent.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.