Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Gresock <jg...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/19 11:59:15 UTC

Cluster voting

I deployed an updated nifi-standard-nar to test a fix, and I restarted all
nodes in my cluster at the same time.  It appears that each time I restart
all nodes at the same time, I get messages saying the election will
complete in 300 seconds, etc. down to 0 seconds.  It eventually selects the
right flow and all the nodes connect, but the result is that it takes a
minimum of 5 minutes to start up a cluster after all the nodes have shut
down.

Is this election time configurable somewhere?

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do

Re: Cluster voting

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hey Joe,

In nifi.properties there should be these two properties:

nifi.cluster.flow.election.max.wait.time=5 mins
nifi.cluster.flow.election.max.candidates=

You can set the second one to the number of cluster nodes and the vote
should happen much quicker.

-Bryan

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile