Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com> on 2009/01/29 20:58:23 UTC

1.4-SNAPSHOT (trunk) bug: "Wizard contains no more visible steps"

I just came across a bug in 1.4 trunk today that should delay the RC2 build
this weekend if we can't get it fixed.  In a wizard that has, say, three
steps, when you get to the last step, the finish button is not enabled, but
the next button is.  Clicking the next button gives you the error in the
subject line.

I have duplicated this in wicket-examples (trunk).  I was going to start
looking at what was causing it, and file it with JIRA, but wanted to see if
any core devs maybe already knew the cause, or could guess when they thought
of changes they made that might have caused this.

Thanks!

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

Re: 1.4-SNAPSHOT (trunk) bug: "Wizard contains no more visible steps"

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.
Okay, found the bug, opened a JIRA, and submitted a patch:

The patch attached to the issue at least lets me build my own version that I
can ship right now that works.  As I mention in the patch, there is probably
actually more that needs to be done to fix this issue in a more general
way.  This patch simply fixes it for the Wizard component.  But I suspect
that this is a bigger issue - someone who knows about the
isEnabledInHierarchy cache should look at this more in depth.

The issue is that isEnabledInHierarchy is cached, and when you submit the
wizard to move from one step to another, the cached result is first
calculated BEFORE the step is advanced.  So, it calculates the "enabled"
flag for all the buttons based on, say, the first step, just before
rendering the second step.

--

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@wickettraining.com

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.