Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com> on 2008/06/20 09:20:14 UTC

Publishing a new Portlet to every portal user

Hi all,

    Does it possible to publish a new Portlet to every portal user or users
in some groups by admin or any
    other way? does J2 support the function to add a portlet to every portal
user's one psml automatic?
    if I want to implement this function into my customing j2 portal where
are any good apis
    could help me to do that? or what details I should be take care?

    I think its difference of psml in file or db mode, anybody can give me
some suggestions!
    %-|

Bon

Re: Publishing a new Portlet to every portal user

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Bon,

You can retrieve user's folder by invoking `pageManager.getUserFolder(userName)', and you can retrieve pages of a folder by invoking `folder.getPages()'. You also refer to PortalSiteManager.java for details.
By using these APIs, you don't have to consider db or file mode.

Regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com>.
Thank you, Woonsan.