Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by rohit <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/25 13:55:11 UTC

Import addresses with special characters.

hi,

we are trying to import addresses from a tab-delimited file. The addresses
in the file are in local languages such as German or Japanese, which contain
special characters.

Though ofbiz supports multiple languages, i am not sure how to import them
into the database.

I will appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Rohit

-----
saanjhi.com

Re: Import addresses with special characters.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
like ofbiz has escape of html, I suggest you have an escape method for
each language. if you key it off the Locale then it will import based on
the language selected for the sight.
Or make sure your DB can accept Unicode (16 bit)

rohit sent the following on 11/25/2011 4:55 AM:

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/multibyte.html

Mike sent the following on 11/25/2011 10:09 AM:

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Your database must already be set to UTF-8.

If you are using postgres, you can test this by:

postgres=#  \c ofbiz;
psql (8.4.7)
You are now connected to database "ofbiz".
ofbiz=# \l
                                   List of databases