Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Panshul Whisper <ou...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/01 15:05:33 UTC

Hive Patch update

Hello,

The following patch was released on 25th February, 2013, Monday:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-3235?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#issue-tabs

Although it says resolution: unresolved, I was wondering that if it is
available in the current stable release version of Hive.
How do I use this function to get the jobId of the mapred tasks submitted
to the Hadoop cluster by the hive server, if I submit a Hive query remotely
using the Hive client.
I need the jobId in my application that is calling the Hive server using
the hive-client to monitor the progress of query submitted to the hive
server.

Or is there a way to achieve this using the hadoop job notification service?

Thank you for the help.

Ouch Whisper
010101010101

Re: Hive Patch update

Posted by Nitin Pawar <ni...@gmail.com>.
if it says unresolved it means it is not part of the code base else you
will have the release version there.

Currently there is just one API for this cluster status in the apis so you
may want to try set a jobname for each query you fire through your
application and then get the respective job from the jobtracker api

--
Nitin Pawar