Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Peter Odding <pe...@peterodding.com> on 2011/06/29 18:49:05 UTC

Lua/APR binding

Hi all,

Since 2007 [1] I've been working on Lua/APR, a Lua [2] binding to APR
and APR-Util (learning C in the process). The goal of the binding is to
provide an "extended standard library" for Lua 5.1. In September 2010 I
announced the first release [3] to the Lua mailing list. Since then a
lot of new modules have been added and a proper test suite was written.

I didn't announce my binding to apr-dev before now because I wasn't very
confident in my C programming skills (and thus the quality of the
binding). However, because the test suite now has 80% coverage and the
binding has an official Debian package [4] (tested on and available for
~14 architectures) I feel the time is right for this announcement.

If it sounds interesting, downloads and installation instructions are
available on the homepage [5] and the git repository on GitHub [6]. The
documentation is available on the homepage [7]. The license of the
binding is MIT (same as Lua).

Thanks to all of the APR developers reading this: your work is what made
the Lua/APR binding possible! I hope you like it :-)

 - Peter Odding

PS. Assuming it's okay, can someone add the Lua/APR binding to the list
of projects using APR? [8]

[2] http://www.lua.org/about.html
[4] http://packages.debian.org/source/sid/lua-apr
[5] http://peterodding.com/code/lua/apr