Posted to dev@shiro.apache.org by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org> on 2010/08/04 19:23:22 UTC

[DISCUSS] Graduation Resolution

I've posted my initial draft of the Apache TLP Graduation Resolution here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SHIRO/Graduation+Resolution

Please review and comment.

Thanks!

Les

Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation Resolution

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Yes, it does sound quite 'formal' :)  I just copied Apache Cayenne's
graduation resolution (as recommended by the Incubator graduation
process page) and changed  the necessary bits to match our project.

And thanks for the words of encouragement!  Hopefully we can wrap up
graduation soon...

Cheers,

Les

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.

Re: Confluence access

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
> My understanding is that since we use the wiki to generate the website people must be in asf-cla.  This does not, however, preclude us from setting up a separate wiki space for people to goof around in.

Oh I see where the confusion is: asf-cla is the minimum, but
previously our wiki space was open to committers only.

Kalle

Re: Confluence access

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Aug 5, 2010, at 10:33 AM, Kalle Korhonen wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 10:26 AM, Alan D. Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 5, 2010, at 10:22 AM, Kalle Korhonen wrote:
>>> No, it's ok now, read the other thread. Embarrassingly enough, I think
>>> it was mostly a user error. However, two things came up regarding our
>>> confluence space while I was resolving this issue with Gavin:
>>> - projects can decide themselves whether everybody in asf-cla can edit
>>> pages or not.
>> Is that true?  Where did you hear this from?
>
> Yes, of course it's true. That's exactly what Gavin said and also see
> https://cwiki.apache.org/CWIKI/

My understanding is that since we use the wiki to generate the website people must be in asf-cla.  This does not, however, preclude us from setting up a separate wiki space for people to goof around in.

Regards,
Alan

Re: Confluence access

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Also, I have no objections to changing the theme.

Cheers,

Les

Re: Confluence access

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Re: Confluence access

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Confluence access

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: Confluence access

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
No, it's ok now, read the other thread. Embarrassingly enough, I think
it was mostly a user error. However, two things came up regarding our
confluence space while I was resolving this issue with Gavin:
- projects can decide themselves whether everybody in asf-cla can edit
pages or not. We don't currently allow it but I'm all for open access
and it makes it easy to start contributing. Should we allow asf-cla?
- we are using a deprecated Confluence theme and Gavin strongly
suggested changing it. "Documentantion Theme" is probably closest to
what we have now, any objections if I change it?

Kalle

Re: Confluence access

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Still "locked" out?

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Gavin McDonald graciously helped resolve the issue after a quick chat
on irc. Thanks Gavin!

Kalle

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Dunno - lemme check.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Hi Kalle,

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Whoot!

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.
Great!  Thanks for tallying the vote Kalle.  I'll get started on the
next steps as soon as I can.   It looks like the next board meeting is
on September 15th, so we have a little wiggle room, but I'd prefer to
get this done sooner rather than later.  I'll take an initial crack at
it this weekend.

Les

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Prepared the vote post, haven't sent. We are just going to miss this
month's board meeting (to be held on next Wednesday), the next is Sep
15th. I'll send the vote on Monday, it's probably a better day to
start a vote anyway.

Kalle

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Les Hazlewood <lh...@apache.org>.