Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Sanjay Choudhary <ch...@gmail.com> on 2006/02/24 21:24:56 UTC

Not building EAR for an application

Hi All,

We hv. and application building thru continuum

Our application is a normal J2EE application

pom.xml

EAR Project

EJB1 Project

EJB2 Project

Jar Project

Jar Project

War Project

Each of them has pom.xml.  Now if we have change in Jar Project and EJB1
project, continuum builds the projects fine but doesn't rebuild the EAR.
Now we don't have a latest EAR and deploy.  Is there a workaround to this?
Or this is a normal behavior of Continuum.

If it is the normal behavior, then how we we get the latest EAR?

Thanks,
Sanjay

Re: Not building EAR for an application

Posted by Mang Jun Lau <Ma...@otpp.com>.
I will add these workarounds to the Contiuum FAQ page.

_Mang

Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>
02/27/2006 03:58 AM
Please respond to
continuum-users@maven.apache.org

continuum-users@maven.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: Not building EAR for an application

Ah, you have one cvs modules by project module.
It's really strange to use this structure in CVS, generally a CVS module
is used for a complete
project with some subdirectories for project modules.

In your case, you can't use a parent pom without some work. I have 2 work
around:
- Refactor your CVS structure to a more standard
- Keep your actual structure and create a new module that will contains a
parent pom and a list of
symbolic link to your actual CVS modules. An other user use this solution
and it's works fine.

Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Posted by Sanjay Choudhary <ch...@gmail.com>.