Posted to issues@cxf.apache.org by Shailendra Singh <sh...@pb.com> on 2013/12/16 11:43:48 UTC

Please somebody respond if below issue is fixed in CXF and if so then in which version it is fixed.

  1.  CXF-5444<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5444>

Issue on webservice call from a CXF application client(deployed on WAS6.1/Jboss 5.1) to an application deployed on websphere 7.1

I am facing Issue on webservice call from a CXF application client(deployed on Jboss 5.1) to an application deployed on websphere 7.1.

SystemErr R Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxEOFException: Unexpected EOF in prolog
at [row,col,system-id]: [1,0,"http://ipaddress:port/xyzz/RequestStatusUpdateService?wsdl"]

Thanks and Regards,
Shailendra Singh

________________________________

Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5444

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I’m pretty sure none of us have access to WAS.  Thus, this is something you will need to dig into and debug.   This LOOKS like the service is not returning a proper WSDL or the is junk before the WSDL or something.  For the most part, CXF is just using an HttpURLConnection in this case.   Thus, you could try a simple client that does something like:

HttpURLConnection connect = new URL(“http://…….?wsdl).openConnection();
InputStream ins = connect.getInputStream();
XMLInputFactory factory = XMLInputFactory.newInstance();
factory.setProperty(XMLInputFactory.IS_NAMESPACE_AWARE, true);
XMLStreamReader r = factory.createXMLStreamReader(ins);

//loop through to make sure we can parse
while (r.hasNext()) {
   r.next();
}

and then run that within the “client” applications container that is having issues and see what happens.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

RE: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5444

Posted by Shailendra Singh <sh...@pb.com>.
Thanks Marco! Yes through soapui it is working fine, also through browser I am able to see the valid WSDL file.
Please suggest if I am doing anything wrong or any other reason, hoping CXF does not have a bug around this.

Thanks and Regards,
Shailendra Singh

it looks like the client cannot load the wsdl definition. If you point your browser to http://vm32i-w3r2:9086/EngageOneWS/RequestStatusUpdateService?wsdl do you see a correct wsdl. If you test that wsdl with soapui does it work?

regards, Marco

Re: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CXF-5444

Posted by Marco Westermann <Ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi,