Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Markus Schuch <ma...@deutschebahn.com> on 2017/10/18 14:54:30 UTC

AW: Sharepoint Repository Connector: Metadata Changes not causing re-index library or list items

Hi Karl,

after some time i am finally looking into this again.

The lookup field refers to an attribute of another list. Therefore changes to that attribute do not affect the modified date of the document or the document collection.

Do you see any possible solution in the connector for that problem. Or is it something that should be handled on sharepoint side?

Regards,
Markus

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,

In ManifoldCF, if the only way to detect change to a given attribute is to
look at the attribute's contents, you could put that attribute's contents
in the version string for the document.

The problem is that you probably do not want to generally do this for *all*
metadata fields, since it would make the version string for each document
become much much larger, and the connector would get correspondingly slower.

If there's a solution at the SharePoint level, that would be best.  But if
not, at the very least, we'd need to somehow get a list of which attributes
a document has that are not reflected in the document's modified date.

Thanks,
Karl