Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/30 18:20:19 UTC

Tomasz Opanovicz for CXF committer

Hi

I'd like to initiate a vote for Tomasz Opanovicz to become a CXF committer.

As you may recall, Tomasz became known in the CXF community after starting
to work on the Log Browser project
as part of the GSOC 2010. During the project Tomasz showed some real
enthusiasm and his commitment to completing it in time
was second to none.

The other thing I'd like to mention about his contribution is that it is
really the first of its kind. We have learnt to appreciate that some good UI
tooling
adds a touch of quality to whatever that is shipped to the end user and what
Tomasz does is really a big step forward for CXF IMHO, in that users will be
able to view logs using the nice log browser. Hopefully, Tomasz won't stop
once this project has been complete and move on to adding more UI features
to CXF.

Finally, Tomasz has continued developing after the GSOC ended few months ago
thus showing he would really like to finish what he started working upon.

Thus the time has come for him to become the CXF committer.

Here's my +1

Sergey

Re: Tomasz Opanovicz for CXF committer

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.
+1 Non Binding - I have been a GSOC mentor and finding community people that way can be hard.

On Oct 30, 2010, at 10:20 AM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'd like to initiate a vote for Tomasz Opanovicz to become a CXF committer.
>
> As you may recall, Tomasz became known in the CXF community after starting
> to work on the Log Browser project
> as part of the GSOC 2010. During the project Tomasz showed some real
> enthusiasm and his commitment to completing it in time
> was second to none.
>
> The other thing I'd like to mention about his contribution is that it is
> really the first of its kind. We have learnt to appreciate that some good UI
> tooling
> adds a touch of quality to whatever that is shipped to the end user and what
> Tomasz does is really a big step forward for CXF IMHO, in that users will be
> able to view logs using the nice log browser. Hopefully, Tomasz won't stop
> once this project has been complete and move on to adding more UI features
> to CXF.
>
> Finally, Tomasz has continued developing after the GSOC ended few months ago
> thus showing he would really like to finish what he started working upon.
>
> Thus the time has come for him to become the CXF committer.
>
> Here's my +1
>
> Sergey

Johan Edstrom

joed@opennms.org

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Re: Tomasz Opanovicz for CXF committer

Posted by Cyrille Le Clerc <cl...@apache.org>.
+1,
Cyrille

Posted by David Bosschaert <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

David

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
+1

Christian

--
----
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Re: Tomasz Opanovicz for CXF committer

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
+1.
It's good to see we have a CXF committer from GSOC :)

--
Willem
----------------------------------

Re: Tomasz Opanovicz for CXF committer

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers
Freeman

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------

FuseSource: http://fusesource.com
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: Tomasz Opanovicz for CXF committer

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@apache.org>.
+1

Jeff

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Tomasz Opanovicz for CXF committer

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Tomasz,

First, let me say thanks for your contributions and welcome aboard!

I've now added your name to the "cxf" group and thus you should now be able to
commit to the cxf trunk and branches.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Tomasz Opanovicz for CXF committer

Posted by Tomasz Oponowicz <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for your confidence. I'm very glad about this. I will do my best.

--
Best regards,
Tomasz Oponowicz

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.