Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ted Weatherly <te...@sendmail.com> on 2005/04/21 20:15:25 UTC

Manager app for embedded tomcat?

Hi,

The "normal" tomcat has a manager app that lets you go to a particular
URL (e.g. server:8080/manager/) to restart/reload tomcat.  This was very
convenient for me b/c it allowed me to automate restarting tomcat...I
could just issue a wget to the restart URL everytime I updated java
class files.  Restarting tomcat through the manager was also quicker
than a full restart.

Now I'm using embedded tomcat and I want to do the same thing.  Is there
a manager app for embedded tomcat?  If so, does anyone have tips for
configuring it?  I couldn't find anything relevant on:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/manager-howto.html

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

-Ted