Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "Marc M. Adkins" <So...@Doorways.org> on 2004/04/02 00:43:18 UTC

off64_t

I just updated from the HEAD on a Mandrake Linux 9.1 box.  Ran buildconf and
configure and compiled, which went OK.  When I recompile my own code,
however, I get an error:

	apr.h:262: parse error before "apr_off_t"
	apr.h:262: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

After much fussing around I determined that editing apr.h to change off64_t to
__off64_t did the trick.  Semi-random googling indicated perhaps there was
some renaming going on with this type(def), perhaps my compiler isn't up to
snuff, or I'm not using the right flags.

mma

Re: off64_t

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@manyfish.co.uk>.
On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 05:43:18PM -0500, Marc M. Adkins wrote:
> I just updated from the HEAD on a Mandrake Linux 9.1 box.  Ran buildconf and
> configure and compiled, which went OK.  When I recompile my own code,
> however, I get an error:
>

> 	apr.h:262: parse error before "apr_off_t"
> 	apr.h:262: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

The error is probably because -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE was not defined when
apr.h was included. You *must* build your code using the output of
`apr-config --cppflags --cflags`, etc.

Regards,

joe