Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> on 2010/01/19 13:12:28 UTC

MINA 2.0 bugs parade, #2

Hi guys,

some progress has been made last week. Here is the current status.

Here are he remaining issues : ([B] = Bug, [I] = Improvement, [T] = task,
[F] = new Feature, [W] = wish)

MINA 2.0-RC2 roadmap :
----------------------

[B] DIRMINA-539    NioDatagramConnector doesn't takes the TrafficClass value
set to his DatagramSessionConfig
[I] DIRMINA-707    Add sendfile support to APR transport
[I] DIRMINA-682    We need a better documentation for the ExecutorFilter
[was :Writing more than one message will block until the MessageReceived as
been fully proceced]
[I] DIRMINA-593    Javadoc & documentation for org/apache/mina/filter/reqres
[T] DIRMINA-756    Bump up the used jars (partially fixed)
[T] DIRMINA-708    Unbound thread growth on discovery attempts : Improve
documentation
[T] DIRMINA-477    Update page about differences between 1.x and 2.x

Unscheduled :
-------------
[B] DIRMINA-738    Using IoEventQueueThrottler with a WriteRequestFilter can
lead to hangs
[B] DIRMINA-737    StateMachine deadlock on StateContext synchronization
[B] DIRMINA-724    getScheduledWriteMessages not zero after all sessions
closed
[B] DIRMINA-683    APR transport on FreeBSD throwing Exceptions
[B] DIRMINA-379    setKeepAlive/setTcpNoDelay and exceptions in Windows
Vista
[I] DIRMINA-752    maybe move SerialAddressEditor.class to the mina beans
project
[I] DIRMINA-723    OrderedThreadPoolExecutor behavior: configurable queue
size, corePoolSize, maximumPoolSize
[I] DIRMINA-657    SSL Filter and IoHandler.     Unassigned     Sanjeev
Sachdev
[I] DIRMINA-509    DatagramConnector.connect() is slow compared to connect()
with java.net.DatagramSocket
[I] DIRMINA-301    New Multi threaded SocketIOProcessor to improve fairness
of socket reads/writes
[F] DIRMINA-705    Transport for unix local sockets based on APR
[F] DIRMINA-655    Add a more general purpose text based decoder
[F] DIRMINA-500    Cache for encoded messages.[F] DIRMINA-484    Datagram
transport based on APR (Apache Portable Runtime)
[F] DIRMINA-499    Bindings for Scala
[F] DIRMINA-389    Create a Connection Throttle Filter
[F] DIRMINA-258    Example of an XML server and Client.
[F] DIRMINA-196    Connection shaper
[F] DIRMINA-128    IoSession.shutdown(TrafficMask)
[T] DIRMINA-250    Provide a test suite for a transport implementor.
[W] DIRMINA-355    Modified sumup client to act as a jmeter javarequest
sampler
[W] DIRMINA-641    Configurable memory limit for CompressionFilter
[W] DIRMINA-715    Ability to set timeouts for NioSocketConnector.connect()

We have probably one single important bug to check : DIRMINA-738.
DIRMINA-755 has been fixed, and it was a major one.

All the other JIRA's are not really critical, and I guess that once
DIRMINA-738 has been investigated, we will be able to start a vote.

I have also added some Javadoc in many classes, but there is still a lot to
add. At some point, a complete code review is necessary.

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: MINA 2.0 bugs parade, #2

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Are you begging for jira karma ?
Be carefull because we can provide it and you will be trapped in :)
I'm going to take a look.
Julien

--
Julien Vermillard

Archean Technologies
http://www.archean.fr

Re: MINA 2.0 bugs parade, #2

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Thanks!

Regards,
Alan

Re: MINA 2.0 bugs parade, #2

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Ok I figured your user id.

--
Julien Vermillard

Archean Technologies
http://www.archean.fr

Re: MINA 2.0 bugs parade, #2

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: MINA 2.0 bugs parade, #2

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
Shall give IRMINA-593 a try ASAP. I did some work earlier for
documenting the stuff, but lost the stuff when I changed my
organization :-(

Getting documentation around it shall be tricky. There is a SMPP
server example attached to the JIRA. If it works, will try to see the
execution details, as I already have SMPP client with me...

thanks

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: MINA 2.0 bugs parade, #2

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
> BTW how do you did your fancy txt export ?

keyboard and patience ...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: MINA 2.0 bugs parade, #2

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:12:28 +0100,
Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org> a écrit :

> [...]
> [F] DIRMINA-258    Example of an XML server and Client.
> [F] DIRMINA-196    Connection shaper
> [F] DIRMINA-128    IoSession.shutdown(TrafficMask)
> [T] DIRMINA-250    Provide a test suite for a transport implementor.
> [W] DIRMINA-355    Modified sumup client to act as a jmeter
> javarequest sampler
> [W] DIRMINA-641    Configurable memory limit for CompressionFilter
> [W] DIRMINA-715    Ability to set timeouts for
> NioSocketConnector.connect()
>
> We have probably one single important bug to check : DIRMINA-738.
> DIRMINA-755 has been fixed, and it was a major one.
>
> All the other JIRA's are not really critical, and I guess that once
> DIRMINA-738 has been investigated, we will be able to start a vote.
>
> I have also added some Javadoc in many classes, but there is still a
> lot to add. At some point, a complete code review is necessary.

Cleared a bunch of unscheduled issues.
Remaining unscheduled issues :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=10670&fixfor=-1&resolution=-1&sorter/field=priority&sorter/order=DESC