Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Marco Tedone <mt...@jemos.org> on 2003/06/03 01:34:01 UTC

Exception with James 2.2.0a1

Noel, I don't know when, I don't know why, but I found this error on the
James console (the mail service continues to work fine):

java.io.IOException: Error in encoded stream, got 1
        at
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream.decode(BASE64DecoderStream.java
:148)
        at
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream.read(BASE64DecoderStream.java:5
3)
        at
com.sun.mail.util.BASE64DecoderStream.read(BASE64DecoderStream.java:7
8)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:90)
        at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.copyStream(MimeMessageWrappe
r.java:798)
        at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.writeTo(MimeMessageWrapper.j
ava:414)
        at
org.apache.james.core.MimeMessageWrapper.writeTo(MimeMessageWrapper.j
ava:311)
        at
org.apache.james.mailrepository.JDBCMailRepository.store(JDBCMailRepo
sitory.java:626)
        at org.apache.james.James.storeMail(James.java:856)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor16.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.avalon.phoenix.components.application.BlockInvocationHandl
er.invoke(BlockInvocationHandler.java:92)
        at $Proxy9.storeMail(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.mailets.LocalDelivery.service(LocalDeliver
y.java:114)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.LinearProcessor.service(LinearProcessor.ja
va:413)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.process(JamesSpoolManage
r.java:436)
        at
org.apache.james.transport.JamesSpoolManager.run(JamesSpoolManager.ja
va:366)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.ExecutableRunnable.execute(Ex
ecutableRunnable.java:47)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.thread.impl.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread
.java:80)
exception! org.apache.mailet.MailetException: Unable to create multipart
body

Hope it will help,

Marco

RE: Exception with James 2.2.0a1

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Marco,

If you can reproduce that, I'd like a copy of the message that caused it.

What is happening is that LocalDelivery is storing a message.  It is copying
from an existing stream containing the data to the stream in the repository.
Apparently the source stream is BASE64 encoded, or least it should be, and
some problem with the content is causing an exception.

	--- Noel