Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Thilina Buddhika <th...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/29 15:08:24 UTC

GSoC Project - Tuscany SCA support in the Geronimo admin Console

Hi,
I started working on my project. According to the Google time line[1], now
it is the community bonding period. These days I am going through the
documentations again, and getting more familiar with the project. I started
a wiki page[2] to  display the current status of the project. I will be
frequently updating that wiki page. I will be using this thread to for the
discussions with the community.

thanks!

best regards,
/ thilina

[1] - http://code.google.com/opensource/gsoc/2008/faqs.html#0.1_timeline
[2] - http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ThilinaBuddhika/GSoC2008_status

Re: GSoC Project - Tuscany SCA support in the Geronimo admin Console

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
I've created you a folder in our sandbox area
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/thilina, thats
yours to use for whatever you like. Ideally most of the code you do will go
in trunk as part of our regular build but you can use the sandbox area as a
staging area where you can experiment or store stuff without having to worry
about correctness, beauty or breaking any builds.

   ...ant

Re: Tuscany integration with Geronimo: What's common to SCA and what's sepcific to Geronimo?, was: Re: GSoC Project - Tuscany SCA support in the Geronimo admin Console

Posted by haleh mahbod <hm...@gmail.com>.
would it be possible to draw this on the wiki and state how the user can
benefit from this?

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
I am reading through the spec.  I will post my comments soon.

++Vamsi

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
ant elder wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:43 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 12:57 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I suggest that we use a usage scenario-driven approach to create a list of
>>> tasks/features and mark them either it's common to SCA independent of the
>>> hosting environment or it's specific to Geronimo.
>>>
>>> Here is a few roles a Geronimo instance can play in the SCA domain:
>>>
>>> 1) Geronimo is a member of a SCA domain to deploy/run SCA applications
>>>
>>> 2) Geronimo hosts the SCA domain admin application
>>>
>>> 3) Geronimo hosts (some) contributions for a SCA domain
>>>
>> Now that the 1.0 version of the SCA JEE spec [1] is out that defines
>> several concrete use cases and scenarios we can use to define the tasks and
>> features we need. For example, how about one goal be running in Geronimo the
>> application.ear shown at line 1131 page 41 "Appendix A – use cases" of the
>> SCA JEE spec.
>>
>> [1]
>> http://www.osoa.org/download/attachments/35/SCA_JAVAEE_Integration_V100.pdf
>>
> Any comments on this or does silence mean that example from the JEE spec is
> an ok use case to be working towards for our first try at the new Geronimo
> integration?

I think the use cases suggested by Raymond and the use cases in Appendix
A of the SCA Java EE spec suggested by you are all excellent starting
points to validate Tuscany integration with Geronimo. It seems the roles
Raymond suggests are larger in scope and might touch more bindings and
data bindings than more specific Java EE integration.

--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ant,

So far the implementationweb code is only used in constructing the
application composite when modelling a web application as an SCA
contribution.

++Vamsi

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 8:42 AM, ant elder <an...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> One thing I think could be better is the way applications get hold of the
>> ComponentContext. Currently its done using a context attribute but I think
>> it may be better to have something like a static method
>> o.a.t.s.api.ComponentContext.getComponentContext() that returns the
>> ComponentContext for the current thread. We could implement that by having
>> the Tuscany Servlet Filter put the current ComponentContext in a thread
>> local for the getComponentContext to use. That also has the advantage as
>> conversational services would work transparently to the user code whereas
>> right now (if conversational webapps worked) they'd have to know to pull the
>> ComponentContext from the Servlet request instead of the Servlet context.
>>
>>    ...ant
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 1:57 AM, Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  Nice document. I'll try a few samples before I can give any feedback.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Raymond

We don't support conversations in webapp clients right now, and i agree the
spec isn't that clear, so i've not thought much at all about how we could
support it, we'll probably need a way to get at both the ComponentContext
and RequestContext. What i was asking about was if there is any preference
to use a method like getComponentContext()/getRequestContext() over using
the context attributes directly?

   ...ant

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Vamsi.

Have you been able to make progress in this area? A quick update will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Raymond

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thilina Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thilina Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 2:00 AM, ant elder <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> How are you doing with this, is there anything we can help with?

I could not find following class to start the workspace admin.

org.apache.tuscany.sca.workspace.admin.main.DomainAdminMain

How about we create some place in SVN so you have somewhere to work on you
> code within Tuscany?

It will be great if we could maintain an SVN location.

thank you.

best regards,
/ thilina

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
How are you doing with this, is there anything we can help with? How about

Posted by Thilina Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Thilina Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Thilina Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thilina

Posted by Thilina Buddhika <th...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Now with the latest patch, Geronimo ACE offers support for standalone run
time. Following is the list of features of it.

  -  support for adding nodes
  -  Adding contributions to the existing nodes
  -  Listing the set of nodes and their contributions
  -  support for start / stop nodes.

The source of the Geronimo ACE can be found at the sandbox area [1].  Your
feedback on this, is really appreciated.

Thanks.

best regards,
/ thilina

[1] -  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/sandbox/thilina