Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by "T. R. Halvorson" <tr...@midrivers.com> on 2009/11/09 19:23:12 UTC

Does QueryParser Require Upper Case Operators

Hi all. I'm new and asking a beginner's question that I have not found
answered in the archives.

Documentation I have says the QueryParser needs the operators AND, OR,
etc. to be in upper case. In an application under development, however,
lower case seems to produce correct results in initial tests. I.e.,

     (oil or petroleum) and prices

is producing the same results as

    (oil OR petroleum) AND prices

T. R. Halvorson

trh@midrivers.com
www.linkedin.com/in/trhalvorson
www.ncodian.com
http://twitter.com/trhalvorson

RE: Does QueryParser Require Upper Case Operators

Posted by Digy <di...@gmail.com>.
No, they shouldn't be same.

See the difference:
Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.QueryParser p = new
Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.QueryParser("", new
Lucene.Net.Analysis.WhitespaceAnalyzer());
Console.WriteLine( p.Parse("(oil or petroleum) and prices").ToString() );
Console.WriteLine( p.Parse("(oil OR petroleum) AND prices").ToString() );

DIGY