Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/19 23:29:29 UTC

[VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 1.1.1.

Apache Kafka 1.1.1 is a bug-fix release for the 1.1 branch that was first
released with 1.1.0 about 3 months ago. We have fixed about 25 issues since
that release. A few of the more significant fixes include:

KAFKA-6925 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6925> - Fix memory
leak in StreamsMetricsThreadImpl
KAFKA-6937 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6937> - In-sync
replica delayed during fetch if replica throttle is exceeded
KAFKA-6917 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6917> - Process txn
completion asynchronously to avoid deadlock
KAFKA-6893 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6893> - Create
processors before starting acceptor to avoid ArithmeticException
KAFKA-6870 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6870> -
Fix ConcurrentModificationException in SampledStat
KAFKA-6878 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6878> - Fix
NullPointerException when querying global state store
KAFKA-6879 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6879> - Invoke
session init callbacks outside lock to avoid Controller deadlock
KAFKA-6857 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6857> - Prevent
follower from truncating to the wrong offset if undefined leader epoch is
requested
KAFKA-6854 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6854> - Log cleaner
fails with transaction markers that are deleted during clean
KAFKA-6747 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6747> - Check
whether there is in-flight transaction before aborting transaction
KAFKA-6748 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6748> - Double
check before scheduling a new task after the punctuate call
KAFKA-6739 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6739> -
Fix IllegalArgumentException when down-converting from V2 to V0/V1
KAFKA-6728 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-6728> -
Fix NullPointerException when instantiating the HeaderConverter

Kafka 1.1.1 release plan:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+1.1.1

Release notes for the 1.1.1 release:
http://home.apache.org/~lindong/kafka-1.1.1-rc0/RELEASE_NOTES.html

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, Jun 22, 12pm PT ***

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~lindong/kafka-1.1.1-rc0/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* Tag to be voted upon (off 1.1 branch) is the 1.1.1-rc0 tag:
https://github.com/apache/kafka/tree/1.1.1-rc0

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/11/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/11/protocol.html

* Successful Jenkins builds for the 1.1 branch:
Unit/integration tests: https://builds.apache.org/job/kafka-1.1-jdk7/150/

Please test and verify the release artifacts and submit a vote for this RC,
or report any issues so we can fix them and get a new RC out ASAP. Although
this release vote requires PMC votes to pass, testing, votes, and bug
reports are valuable and appreciated from everyone.

Cheers,
Dong

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

- Ran testAll/releaseTarGzAll on 1.1.0-rc0 tag
- Ran through quickstart of core/streams on builds.

Thanks,
Satish.

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)
Using kafka_2.12-1.1.1.tgz, I ran quick start and checked signatures

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Manikumar <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by zhenya Sun <to...@126.com>.
+1 non-binding

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Andras Beni <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Andras Beni <an...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
+1 (non-binding)

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for helping to test and vote for this release!

Ismael: Certainly, I agree we should bump up the gradle version. I will
prepare RC1 today.

Re: [VOTE] 1.1.1 RC0

Posted by Ismael Juma <is...@juma.me.uk>.