Posted to wiki-changes@httpd.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2010/04/05 19:47:14 UTC

[Httpd Wiki] Update of "ApacheCon2010AtlantaTraining" by GregBrown

Dear Wiki user,

The "ApacheCon2010AtlantaTraining" page has been changed by GregBrown.
http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/ApacheCon2010AtlantaTraining?action=diff&rev1=10&rev2=11

  ||<)>'''Training Abstract:'''|| Apache Lucene is a high-performance, cross-platform search API, in production use in a large number of applications. This tutorial will be an in-depth, hands-on class targeted at developers who want to integrate Lucene Java into their applications. The two day tutorial will cover the key concepts behind Lucene, along with code examples, documentation and resources, including new material for Lucene 2.9/3.0. Concepts covered include: Lucene setup; indexing content, indexing customization; searching, including how to use the many Lucene Query APIs to achieve better search results. Additionally, we will cover advanced topics like Lucene performance and threading issues, Span Queries, filters, term vectors, and sorting. These topics can help solve most common problems in search applications. The class will gain hands-on experience with Lucene and leave with the know-how to build a Lucene-based application. Concepts learned can also be applied to Solr. No prior Lucene knowledge is required, but participants must be able to code in the Java programming language, and come prepared to code. Students are encouraged to bring their own content to index/search. Please refer to the Lucene Boot Camp website for more information on the class.   ||
  ||<)>'''Speaker bio:'''||  Grant Ingersoll is the creator of the Lucene Boot Camp training program, a regularly featured speaker at ApacheCon and other industry events. Grant has been an active member of the Lucene community – a Lucene and Solr committer, co-founder of the Apache Mahout machine learning project, chairman of the Lucene Project Management Committee (PMC) as well as a Vice President at the Apache Software Foundation. Grant’s prior experience includes work at the Center for Natural Language Processing at Syracuse University in natural language processing and information retrieval. Grant earned his B.S. from Amherst College in Math and Computer Science and his M.S. in Computer Science from Syracuse University, NY.||

+ -------
+
+ ||<)>'''Training Title:'''|| Introduction to Apache Pivot ||
+ ||<)>'''Training Length:'''|| 3 hours ||
+ ||<)>'''Speaker:'''|| Greg Brown ||
+ ||<)>'''Speaker contact info:'''|| gkbrown at mac dot com ||
+ ||<)>'''Training Abstract:'''|| Learn how to build rich internet applications that take full advantage of the industry-standard Java platform using Apache Pivot, the first true RIA platform for Java developers. In this session, Pivot founder Greg Brown will walk through the implementation of a simple but practical Pivot application that highlights key platform features as well as development best practices. ||
+ ||<)>'''Speaker bio:'''|| Greg Brown is co-founder and PMC Chair of the Apache Pivot project. He is the primary author of the Apache Pivot tutorial and has written a number of Pivot-related articles for leading technical publications including O’Reilly & Associates and IBM developerWorks. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems Engineering from the University of Massachusetts Amherst. ||

  -------