Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Mark A. DeMichele" <de...@intellipro.com> on 2004/02/09 14:35:31 UTC

SpamAssassin for Windows

I'm currently using No Spam Today on a windows 2000 machine.  I also
have successfully installed SpamAssassin and ActivePerl on my machine
and have gotten that to run in a stand alone manner.  Are there any free
solutions out there similar to No Spam Today to filter my e-mail at the
server.  (My mail server is Exchange 2000)  I'm not looking for anything
fancy.  I run a mail server with about 20 mail boxes, so I don't need
anything that big.

I looked at the CDO SMTP Sink written in VBScript from the SpamAssassin
site.  Is that the only windows solution? I read somewhere that SAProxy
was for windows, but I can't seem to find it.

Thanks,
Mark DeMichele

Re: SpamAssassin for Windows

Posted by Alan Baxter <at...@baxtersys.com>.
On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 08:35:31 -0500, "Mark A. DeMichele"
<de...@intellipro.com> wrote:
>Are there any free
>solutions out there similar to No Spam Today to filter my e-mail at the
>server.
><snipped>
>I read somewhere that SAProxy
>was for windows, but I can't seem to find it.

SAproxy does not filter at the server as the server version of No Spam
Today does.  It sits between the server and the individual user's e-mail
client, just like the workstation version of No Spam Today.  SAproxy is
not free and can be found at
http://www.statalabs.com/

Hope this helps.
Alan