Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com> on 2005/06/16 23:47:43 UTC

OT: Insecure dependency in connect?

I'm trying to update my ldap plugin to use SRV lookups for server
discovery but am getting barked at during tests with the "Insecure
dependency in connect..." error. I'm not having much luck with googling
this error, but I remember this was a problem with razor and spamassassin
before, and I'm wondering if anybody knows what the resolution was.

Thanks

Re: OT: Insecure dependency in connect?

Posted by "Eric A. Hall" <eh...@ehsco.com>.
On 6/16/2005 5:47 PM, Eric A. Hall wrote:
> I'm trying to update my ldap plugin to use SRV lookups for server
> discovery but am getting barked at during tests with the "Insecure
> dependency in connect..." error. I'm not having much luck with googling
> this error, but I remember this was a problem with razor and spamassassin
> before, and I'm wondering if anybody knows what the resolution was.

For the benefit of others, and for Google's cache:

  #
  # this stops IO::Socket from complaining about taint problems
  #
  if ($permsgstatus->{ldap_server} =~ /^(\S+)$/) {
      $permsgstatus->{ldap_server} = $1;
  }

I found that in an unofficial SA patch to razor and it seems to do the
trick here too.