Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Antoine <a....@gmail.com> on 2017/01/20 21:19:29 UTC

InvalidClassException using Zeppelin (master) and spark-2.1 on a standalone spark cluster

Hei,

I'm trying to use Zeppelin from the master git branch with spark-2.1 and I
get an invalid class exeption when I use a standalone spark cluster.

java.io.InvalidClassException: org.apache.commons.lang3.time.FastDateParser;
local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = 2, local
class serialVersionUID = 3

To reproduce the error, I configure the spark interpreter to connect to a
standalone cluster, it works with a local spark, and to load a file. For
example, spark.read.json("/data/file.json").

I'm building and running Zeppelin with docker, based on the
dylanmei/docker-zeppelin docker image, but with a few changes to build the
master branch (npm must be installed and bower needs to be configured to
run with the root user), and using spark 2.1 instead of spark 2.0.

Can you reproduce the error ? Is there something I'm missing when I build
Zeppelin ?

Thanks

RE: InvalidClassException using Zeppelin (master) and spark-2.1 on a standalone spark cluster

Posted by David Howell <da...@zipmoney.com.au>.
Hi Jeff,
My apologies, I realise this was caused by an uber jar I had loaded as a spark dependency which contained a conflicting library. Removing the dependency fixed the issue.

 I've shaded & rebuilt the jar and no longer seeing the issue.

Sorry for the confusion!

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.
It works for me in master branch.

Maybe the issue is due to ZEPPELIN-2375

Could you try 0.7.2 ?

Best Regard,
Jeff Zhang

Posted by David Howell <da...@zipmoney.com.au>.
Hi Jeff,

Posted by "Jianfeng (Jeff) Zhang" <jz...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by David Howell <da...@zipmoney.com.au>.
Hi,
[...]

View this message in context: http://apache-zeppelin-users-incubating-mailing-list.75479.x6.nabble.com/InvalidClassException-using-Zeppelin-master-and-spark-2-1-on-a-standalone-spark-cluster-tp4900p5854.html
Sent from the Apache Zeppelin Users (incubating) mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Re: InvalidClassException using Zeppelin (master) and spark-2.1 on a standalone spark cluster

Posted by Antoine <a....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jonathan, I rebuilt the image and it now works perfectly. My image
was built a few hours before the fix. Sorry for the noise.

Posted by Jonathan Kelly <jo...@gmail.com>.