Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by laredotornado <la...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/23 16:06:38 UTC

How do I validate a group of fields?

Hi,

I'm using MyFaces 1.1.6 with Tomahawk 1.1.9.  I have 3 text fields, each
representing a date string, on my JSF page.  I want to validate that each is
unique.  Right now, I have this logic in my controller, but I would like the
errors to display along side other validation errors in my page.  How should
I go about making this happen -- that is, getting the errors to appear
during the validation phase of my page?

 - Dave

Re: How do I validate a group of fields?

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi dave,

you can use @NotEquals of myfaces extval.
maybe you will be also interested in @DateIs, if the dates have to be in a
special order.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Have you looked at validateCompareTo (CompareToValidator) that I
mentioned earlier?  That would be one of the things you can use it
for.  Something like this.

<text2/>

<text2>
   <validateCompareTo for=text3 operation="ne"/>
</text2>

<text1>
   <validateCompareTo for=text2 operation="ne"/>
   <validateCompareTo for=text3 operation="ne"/>
</text1>