Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/23 01:24:41 UTC

RequestHandler versus SearchComponent

I'm looking at the following. I want to (1) map some query fields to
some other query fields and add some things to FL, and then (2)
rescore.

I can see how to do it as a RequestHandler that makes a parser to get
the fields, or I could see making a SearchComponent that was stuck
into the list just after the QueryComponent.

Anyone care to advise in the choice?

Re: RequestHandler versus SearchComponent

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <ku...@solarier.de>.
Am 23.03.2012 11:17, schrieb Michael Kuhlmann:
> Adding an own SearchComponent after the regular QueryComponent (or
> better as a "last-element") is goof ...

Of course, I meant "good", not "goof"! ;)

Posted by Michael Kuhlmann <ku...@solarier.de>.
Am 23.03.2012 10:29, schrieb Ahmet Arslan:
>> I'm looking at the following. I want
>> to (1) map some query fields to
>> some other query fields and add some things to FL, and then
>> (2)
>> rescore.
>>
>> I can see how to do it as a RequestHandler that makes a
>> parser to get
>> the fields, or I could see making a SearchComponent that was
>> stuck
>> into the list just after the QueryComponent.
>>
>> Anyone care to advise in the choice?
>
> I would choose SearchComponent. I read somewhere that customizations are now better fit into SC rather than RH.

I would override QueryComponent and modify the normal query instead.

Adding an own SearchComponent after the regular QueryComponent (or
better as a "last-element") is goof when you simply want to modify the
existing result. But since you want to rescore, you're likely interested
in documents that fell already out of the original result list.

Greetings,
Kuli

Re: RequestHandler versus SearchComponent

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.