Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Karl Gierach <KG...@avstgroup.com> on 2005/04/13 19:23:18 UTC

SOAP-ENV / SOAP-ENC vs. soapenv / soapenc

I'm integrating GSOAP with Axis 1.2RC3.

I've Noticed that GSOAP prefers prefixes/tags "SOAP-ENV" and
"SOAP-ENC",

While Axis prefers "soapenv" and "soapenc".

Who's correct? Maybe both are? Can Axis be changed via a configuration
file to use the GSOAP prefixes?

Incidentally, I've done some search / replace into the GSOAP client code
and replaced "SOAP-ENV" with "soapenv" in order to get the 2 talking.

-Karl

Re: SOAP-ENV / SOAP-ENC vs. soapenv / soapenc

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
The text string used for the namespace prefix makes no difference. You
just have to use the prefix consistently throughout the document. For
more information on namespaces and namespace prefixes, see the
Namespaces in XML specification:

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/

- Anne