Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2010/01/01 00:01:01 UTC

[slack-digest] [2022-07-27] #general

2022-07-27 13:40:47 UTC - Alessandro Parrino: Good evening, I have two questions regarding "Scaling Up OpenWhisk"  when deployed in a Kubernetes cluster.

Imagining I already have OpenWhisk running on 2 worker nodes, in case a new worker node is dynamically added to the cluster with the label "role-invoker", will OpenWhisk be able to detect the addition of the new node and instantiate the actions containers on the new node?

I would like to make sure if I have understood correctly, the only OpenWhisk component that can be scaled up/down are the actions containers, while all other components are fixed defined by the configuration with the parameter "replicaCount".
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1658929247249279?thread_ts=1658929247.249279&cid=C3TPCAQG1
----