Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com> on 2014/03/06 04:39:24 UTC

How to return multiple values with ajax select

Hi guys, I have the following scenario,

Five drop down menus chained together

Category, Year, Make, Model, Trim

Each select menu is an ajax select menu designed to narrow down the result
set. I'm looking for ideas or a solution that would enable me to narrow
down the result set beyond one menu. Currently I'm able to set a class
property with the previous select menu and read the property from with the
following select menu, however I lose the first one with the select. Does
anybody know how to do this without the use of @Persist?

I was almost thinking of something like an actionlink where you can have
multiple context values, but instead concatenated in the select option
value, but that seems very inefficient. The other thought I had was to set
the previous values in a hidden field. Does anybody have any suggestions?

--
George Christman
www.CarDaddy.com

Re: How to return multiple values with ajax select

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Awesome, congrats on the new addition to the family. Yes I'll take a look
at it over the weekend, if I'm able to get to it, I'll send you back the
code.

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
I'm assuming it hasn't been upgraded to run on 5.4 yet? :-( You have some
nice components too.

Posted by George Christman <gc...@cardaddy.com>.
Thanks lance, I won't get a chance to try it until tonight, but does it
work with select menu's?

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Use my onevent mixin