Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk> on 2016/07/06 12:42:20 UTC

Hierarchical Facets need duplicated counts

Hello everyone,

we are using hierarchical facets (from
org.apache.lucene.facet.taxonomy), in our case 1 entry can have several
values referencing more leaves in the hierarchical facet.

At search time we are noticing that if we search for exactly 1 entry we
have count = 1 in the hierarchical facet root and navigating the
hierarchical tree there are more than 1 leaf with count = 1. We presume
this is due to a distinct count it's calculated in the collector.

Is it possible to have also the duplicated count? What we would like to
achieve is to understand how many leaves the search is reaching and
maybe have this "duplicated count" summed up in the parent nodes.

Do you have any hints on how to achieve it?

Regards,

Nicola

--

Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk>
EMBL-EBI

Re: Hierarchical Facets need duplicated counts

Posted by Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk>.
Any hint on how to calculate these values without asking the whole
facet hierarchy and count them?

Is there a specific point in the code where I can check for this
distinct count, and maybe modify the code?

Nicola